The Werribee Football Club is excited to announce the signing of SANFL pair Mark Noble and Jack Blair ahead of the 2020 VFL season.
Noble is a 22-year-old skilful utility who has been a strong performer for South Adelaide over the past couple of seasons.
“We are really pleased that Mark has chosen Werribee as his VFL club,” Football Manager Stuart Balloch said.
“Mark fits the demographic of our playing group perfectly and we are excited to see plenty of improvement from him in our program.”
Blair is a developing ruckman who hails from a rugby background. He was introduced to Australian Rules by successful code-hopper and former Sydney Swans premiership player Mike Pyke.
“We are excited by what Jack brings as a 206cm raw big man,” Balloch said.
“In his time in the SANFL he had some AFL interest as a category B rookie.”
Mark is the identical twin brother of Collingwood’s 2019 mid-season recruit John Noble, and the son of Brisbane’s GM of Football, David.
Mark’s stellar SANFL season saw him attract AFL attention during the mid-season and post-season drafts.
- DOB: 25/3/1997
- Height: 181cm, Weight: 73kg
- Previous clubs: South Adelaide/West Adelaide SANFL
- 33 SANFL senior games, 15 reserves games
- 2018 South Adelaide Best First Year Player
- 2019 stats: 15 matches, 11 goals, av. 17 disposals
The last two years have been a whirlwind for rugby convert Jack Blair. In 2017 the 206cm, 108kg power athlete was a second rower and co-captain of the Sydney University Rugby Club. In 2018, the Mornington Peninsula local turned his attention to Australian Rules and began his meteoric rise.
With the help of fellow code-hopper Mike Pyke, Blair trained with the Swans academy, before linking up with UNSW Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs in premier division of the AFL Sydney competition.
Blair racked up 60 hitouts in a strong showing against Michael Barlow and Max Spencer’s Gold Coast Suns in a one-off game for Sydney’s NEAFL side.
He capped off his first season of footy with a flag with UNSW and plenty of AFL interest as a category B rookie. In 2019, he furthered his footy with North Adelaide in the SANFL.
- DOB: 20/1/1995
- Height: 206cm, Weight: 104kg
- Previous clubs: North Adelaide SANFL/UNSW Eastern Suburbs AFL Sydney
- 2019: 6 senior SANFL games, 11 reserves
- Stats: Senior best vs Port Adelaide Magpies. 16 disposals, 20 hitouts, 7 clearances, 3 marks
- 2nd for hitouts in SANFL reserves (av. 34.2)